About Me

My photo
We are an English speaking community of ATMA English Course's students. We learn and practice our English while gaining knowledge and cultural understanding from all our new friends all over the world.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Opening Ceremony of London 2012 Olympic Games



London 2012 Olympics Games officially opened on July 27, 2012 local time at the Olympic stadium. The opening ceremony which cost about 400 billion rupiahs occurred very festive and luxurious. Olympics that followed about ten thousand athletes representing 204 countries is the thirtieth Olympics games. Oak tree that rises above the grassy mound in the opening ceremony was made of steel and fiberglass. But the grass around it is a real grass and wild flowers adorn the stage. Voldemort is controlled by cables and ropes.

taken from google
Another interesting thing when Queen Elizabeth II jumped from a helicopter with Daniel Craig (James Bond) using a parachute display the British flag. But do you know that Queen Elizabeth II who jumped it is not the real queen? Yap! She was a stuntman, Gary Connery.


The Legendary British football player, David Beckham drove a boat that delivered the Olympic torch. And I admitted he seemed absolutely attractive.


The most amazing to me is the fire that ignited into a circle and then a huge torch which can close like a flower bud. Later became a big torch.

the first
the second
the last
WAIT!
There was one more, a fireworks show at the London 2012 Olympic stadium seemed really amazing and too bad if left out.








But do not worry you can watch the opening ceremony of London 2012 Olympics Games via Youtube.

by: Emma

4 comments:

  1. Hello Emma...

    Just like Fifi's a great article about Olympics...And You do mention James Bond - cool :)

    I always like Your articles and I see that Your fluency of writing has improved since I started visiting this blog. Keep on working hard and You will achieve a native like fluency and coherence in no time :)

    Regards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those pictures a lot (and i mean it). The fireworks look awesome!
    i should watch the opening (poking myself). What did voldermort do during the opening? really curious about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you very much Mr. W for your faithfulness to visit this blog, give comment on my writings and monitoring the progress of my writing. I really appreciate it!

    I realize that too, when I read my old posts, I made a lot of mistakes on my writing.
    Thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Voldemort appeared for the purpose of injuring the kids in the hospital and when the children were screaming, Mary Poppins came to rescue children who are frightened. (so British..)

    I enjoyed the fireworks too :)
    Thank you..

    ReplyDelete